2012年1月16日星期一

Digital Art “Cubism”



What is Cubism?
In 20th century “Cubism” art movement was the most influential and to the European (1907-1914). The Cubism was began by two famous artist Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque, they were inspired by an African Sculpture made by a Fauvism artist (art movement in French) known as Paul Cézanne and Georges Seurat. “Cubism” can be define as the change viewing of a subject into fixed angle which the subject was broken up into many pieces and had been reassemble in to an abstracted form. This presented the new style of reality painting, which change several aspect of the subject to be shown differently. There are many art movement that was influenced by the Cubism which are Futurism, Ophism, Precisionism, Constructivism, Purism, and Expressionism.There are three phase that is a development of Cubism which is Facet Cubism , Analytic Cubism and Synthetic Cubism.
Facet Cubism : Object had a different point of view or perspective illusion. Using the dramatic conflict of the patterns, lights, and textures.
Analytic Cubism : Using the natural form of the subject to reduce to its basic shape then reconcile essentially in three dimensional part with two dimensional picture plane. The color was subdued making the painting close to a monochrome (one tone color).
Synthetic Cubism : Had been evolute from the Analytic Cubism. It is an artwork that was use for decorative, appealing and can be use to decoration in household. (Famous one liked Picasso “Guitar and Violin”)
Example of Cubism Art?
Gris, Juan. Violin and Glass. 1915. Oil on canvas. Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University. (Right painting)
Klee, Paul. Dream City. 1921. Water Paint and Oil. Private collection, Turnin. (Left Painting)
Villon, Raymond Duchamp. The large Horse. Bronze 150 x 97 x 153 cm .Georges Pompidou Center, Paris. (Left)
Gleizes, Albert. Portrait of Jacques Nayral. 1911. Oil on Canvas 161.9 x 114.0 cm .Tate Gallery, London. (Right)
Digital art project
Our new unit digital art, we were assign to create a cubism art style using photography we taken at least 16 picture per one art work and we needed to connected them like jigsaw using the gimp program. The artist we study on to create the art similar to him is “David Hockney” the artist who use photography to create a cubism art style. David Hockney work on the art style called “Photocollage” which he take a image with Polaroid camera and connected them together like a jigsaw picture, his aim was to discuss the way human vision works.
Hockney, David. Paint Trolley. 1985. photographic collage 41×61 in.
My Work
The bear is the first picture I did which is a bear that I have put them together in to one picture, the bear picture worked will because its not overlapping with each other and its only one subject in the picture. On the second picture I change the contrast of the picture with the brightness and the darkness of the picture for it to be separate into many picture. On the third picture I had use the burn tool to make the edge being separate from each other which this make the picture looked more cubism, I think this picture is a good one because there were no overlapping and it looked cubism style also there are 16 picture too!
My second picture was taken in the school it was the playground its my second try picture but its had only about 5 pictures which I couldn’t use it for the final, in this one I think that the picture is to overlapping to much. The first picture is the one that I didn’t change the brightness and the darkness yet, the second I already change them but I didn’t use the burn tool in this one because of its color the burn tool doesn’t work
My third picture was the picture of my K-Pop collection, which in this picture its a mistake becauseI have the picture too overlapped with each other that looked weird but in this picture I did the background which makethe overlapped problem was harder to be seen and the background pulled peoples attention more.
My fourth picture was a taken with the subject of lollipop. Lollipop was one of my favorite candy and it had a bright color which I think it would bring out the subject more. First I think that this picture is not going to work because the picture was overlapping with each other, also this picture is hard to connect with each other at first because it looked to similar to each other. After putting them together I change the contrast of the picture with its brightness and darkness then I use the burn tools. After using the burn tool I found that the picture looked more cubism. I tied to change the background.
My final picture is the picture that I submit to be printed out as a A3 picture sizes. This picture I consider as the hardest picture to be taken because I took the photo of the whole tree at the park my village, which I need to took this picture first by sitting down then started to stand up and then I reach out to the top view as highest as I can so its really hard to be taken. At first I didn’t think that this picture would work, but when I started to put the picture together I found out that its work together well. Then I edit this picture by using the burn tool to burn the edge of the picture so that it can be separate from each other and I rotate some picture to make them fit together, but the picture still looked like the same whole image so I change the contrast color of the brightness and the darkness. But still I don’t like to green grass color at the bottom so I need to make it very dark, from Nearn suggestion I make the contrast more clearly making the dark blue color on the sky which given a cartoonish style. This picture work well because it had the meaning off growth and also I think that its the best picture that I had made in this unit. Next time if I have more time I wanted to improve on the middle part because the color of the sky doesn’t match with the top part which make the picture looked least interesting. There were 18 picture in this cubism but I think I should take some out because its unnecessary and shown only a little bit in the final product.
Worked cite (where the information come from)
“Cubism - Styles & Movements - Art in the Picture.com.” Art in the Picture.com - An Introduction to Art History. Web. 24 Nov. 2010. <http://www.artinthepicture.com/styles/Cubism/>.
“Cubism - the First Abstract Style of Modern Art.” Free Art Lessons - Learn How to Draw, Paint and Design. Web. 24 Nov. 2010. <http://www.artyfactory.com/art_appreciation/art_movements/cubism.htm>.
“ArtLex on Cubism.” ArtLex Art Dictionary. Web. 3 Dec. 2010. <http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/c/cubism.html>.
“Cubism.” Arteest.org - Beverly Sunrise. Web. 3 Dec. 2010. <http://arteest.org/cubism.htm>.
“David Hockney.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 16 Dec. 2010. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hockney>.

没有评论:

发表评论