2012年1月17日星期二

Ryu Itadani: A World in Colors



29 Dec 2008
Ryu Itadani: A World in Colors
A very colorful "Forest," drawn by Japanese artist Ryu Itadani.
Many of you have probably already finished work for the year and had your bonenkai, and now you’re getting ready for a big cleaning day and the celebrations for the new year. And yes, this is the last article from PingMag for 2008. Today’s guest is a Japanese artist, Ryu Itadani. Even if you’ve never heard of his name, chances are you’ve seen his beautiful work for Omotesando Hills. So let’s have a look at some of his amazing work and celebrate the end of 2008! Kanpai!
Written by Chiemi
Could you please introduce yourself?
My name is Ryu Itadani, born in Osaka, in 1974. I’m based in Tokyo now. My work features free hand lines that I draw using an original point of view, and a particular sense of colors. So far, I’ve done artwork for, among other things, Omotesando Hills for their 1st anniversary, and illustrations for the Asahi Shimbun, where I’ve presented my city series and things series.
“J-WAVE,” a piece for the Japanese FM radio station.
How was 2008 for you?
I challenged myself by using acrylics this year. It’s such great fun and a thing worth doing to draw with a new medium.
A slice of “Ginza.”
Lego blocks on the move in “Lego City.”
What is your resolution and plan for the new year?
I’m thinking of drawing bigger sized works. I’m also planning to have a solo exhibition at Marunouchi Gallery in Tokyo.
“Red Flowers,” for the American magazine “Dwell.”

没有评论:

发表评论